About a month ago I found rosewater in the supermarket baking isle and decided to try making some super scented tea snacks. This recipe is approximate as I was making it up as I went along a bit, and didn’t write it down at the time. I’m recording it as best I can remember at the request of a follower.
– 2/3 cup butter or alternative spread
– 2/3 cup caster sugar
– 1/4 cup boiling water with 3-4 earl grey tea bags steeped in it for 15min
– 1 teaspoon rosewater
– 2 cups plain flour
1) Cream butter and sugar
2) Steep earl grey teabags in boiling water for 15 min then strain teabags out and add water to butter and sugar. I also tore open a teabag and added some actual powdered tea to the mix but I don’t think it did much to the flavour and it created a slight graininess in the texture which I wouldn’t recommend.
3) Add rosewater and as much plain flour as needed to mix a firm dough that can be rolled out with a rolling pin
4) Roll out on a floured surface and cut into segments or shapes as desired
5) Bake at 170 degrees C for approximately 15-20min.
Best served with tea!